The A4 locomotive 4464(60019) Bittern passed through Little Bytham this morning on the first day of a nine day Rail Touring Company “Great Britain IV” rail-tour. The locomotive had been repainted in LNER Garter Blue and renamed Dominion of New Zealand specially for the trip. In its new livery the locomotive is very much like its legendary A4 class mate the 4468 Mallard. The loco is seen above at Grantham station, photo courtesy of BBC Lincolnshire’s Facebook Page. Details of rail tours across the UK can be found at www.uksteam.info
Follow us on!
Subscribe to theBythams
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Plenty of fun in the sun at Castle Bytham’s popular festival
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival live streaming
- Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- Police close road after people suffer injuries in two-car crash
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival has plenty of talent to sing about
Recently Updated Pages