Bank Holiday Monday (2 May 2011) sees the annual ‘Sponsored Ride’ taking place in theBythams area. If you ride, the event, in its 9th year since it changed from being the ‘Hunter Trials’, is one not to miss. The organisers have laid out 8, 12 and 15 mile courses in beautiful Grimsthorpe Park (all off public roads) and offer tea and cake, as well as toilets, at the mid-point! In previous years partipants have remarked how enjoyable the event is and leave with a promise to return next year which over 200 did in 2009. Proceeds from the event go towards the maintenance of the churches in Careby, Creeton, Castle Bytham and Little Bytham and this years chosen ‘external’ charity – Kesteven Rideability based at Hough-on-the-Hill, near grantham, a Riding for the Disabled member. If you’d like to take part it not too late to enter, contact Rosemary Player on 01778 590350. For further information see … www.bccride.com
Follow us on!
Subscribe to theBythams
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Plenty of fun in the sun at Castle Bytham’s popular festival
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival live streaming
- Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- Police close road after people suffer injuries in two-car crash
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival has plenty of talent to sing about
Recently Updated Pages