Follow us on!
Subscribe to theBythams
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Plenty of fun in the sun at Castle Bytham’s popular festival
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival live streaming
- Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- Police close road after people suffer injuries in two-car crash
- Castle Bytham Midsummer Festival has plenty of talent to sing about
Recently Updated Pages
Category Archives: Railways
Little Bytham earned its place in history as the spot on the East Coast Main Line where the Mallard locomotive roared through at 126mph – setting a world steam speed record which has never been beaten. The date was Sunday, … Continue reading
Princess Elizabeth passed Little Bytham hauling the Cathedrals Express from Kings Cross to York this morning (Thursday 28 April 2011).
Thanks to help from Chris Holmes, theBythams website now includes information, in its Railways, Trains etc. section, of steam rail tours which pass through Little Bytham on the East Coast Mainline. Much of the information has been gleaned from the … Continue reading
The A4 locomotive 4464(60019) Bittern passed through Little Bytham this morning on the first day of a nine day Rail Touring Company “Great Britain IV” rail-tour. The locomotive had been repainted in LNER Garter Blue and renamed Dominion of New … Continue reading