Follow us on!
Subscribe to theBythams
- Events are coming soon, stay tuned!
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
- Willoughby Arms Quiz : 11/10/2016
- Castle Bytham’s Midsummer Festival proceeds presented to good causes
- Bank Holiday bin collections : August 2016
- Raise your concerns about crime at rural police panel meeting in Castle Bytham
- New memorial unveiled near Antwerp remembers Castle Bytham pilot who was shot down in Lancaster over Belgium
Recently Updated Pages
Category Archives: Railways
Little Bytham earned its place in history as the spot on the East Coast Main Line where the Mallard locomotive roared through at 126mph – setting a world steam speed record which has never been beaten. The date was Sunday, … Continue reading
Princess Elizabeth passed Little Bytham hauling the Cathedrals Express from Kings Cross to York this morning (Thursday 28 April 2011).
Thanks to help from Chris Holmes, theBythams website now includes information, in its Railways, Trains etc. section, of steam rail tours which pass through Little Bytham on the East Coast Mainline. Much of the information has been gleaned from the … Continue reading
The A4 locomotive 4464(60019) Bittern passed through Little Bytham this morning on the first day of a nine day Rail Touring Company “Great Britain IV” rail-tour. The locomotive had been repainted in LNER Garter Blue and renamed Dominion of New … Continue reading