The Bythams Primary

The Bythams Primary School is located on Creeton Road in Little Bytham.

N E W S

The Bythams School Open Day (edited from Glenside News May 2011 : 09/05/11 : MG)

From Sheila Jones …

A friendly welcome began my visit then Tom took me on a tour (what a good idea).  This polite young man showed me the library and laptops and explained what each class was busy at.  The French lesson was fun – find the Easter Eggs – with directions etc. given by the pupils in French, of course.  Another class were busy making Easter cards and decorations – lots of colour and glitter.  Onto the ‘cooks’.  I’m sure the results were delicious.  One young lady told me how they had ‘to do a lot of working out’ because the recipe was for a larger quantity than they needed.

As we walked through the playground, Tom told me how the new markings meant the children could play many different games.  Then it was break-time and the ‘little ones’ were outside – but I could see they had been having fun!  What a difference the extension has made – it is superb.  Back to the hall for refreshments and a chat with other visitors.

Thank you all (I do realise how many people help and support the school and staff) for an interesting and enjoyable visit to a school to be proud of – and, of course, the car park is great too!

From the Glenside News (February 2011) (added : 14/03/11 : MG)

James Shawley, the Head Teacher, writes …

Well Christmas is now over and the New Year is upon us! During last term the children took part in many activities.

The Key Stage One Nativity, “What Christmas Means to Me” was wonderful and well supported by family and friends. The children (and staff) pulled out all the stops to ensure that the Nativity went ahead as planned. The Key Stage Two Carol Concert was held indoors this year because of the extremely cold weather and included a mixture of traditional and contemporary Christmas music. Friends of Bythams School (FOBS) served hot food and mulled wine which really added to the Christmas feel.

The school would like to thank everyone for their support. Our school football team have once again been successful, winning the South West Lincolnshire School football tournament and will now compete in the County Football Finals for the second year in succession, at Skegness on Saturday 5th February.  Good luck to all involved.

We hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas and wish you all the best in 2011.

Retirement from theBythams School (edited from Glenside News July 1995 : 17/12/11 : MG)

The Bythams School has to report that Mr Vic Elmer will be retiring from teaching at the end of this term.  A social event will be held at school on Thursday 20 July (1995) at 6.30pm.  All are welcome.  Tickets available from the school.  Any donations towards a leaving memento should be forwarded to the school by Friday 14 July (1995).

Last Updated : 17/12/11 : MG

Leave a Reply