In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson’s Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Bytham like this:
BYTHAM (Little), a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; on the river Glen and the Great Northern railway, 5 miles S by E of Corby. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Castle-Bytham, under Stamford. Acres, 1,010. Real property, £1,643. Pop., 362. Houses, 64. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £329.* Patron, alternately the Bishop of Lincoln and the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is good. Charities, £16.
Added : 01/12/11 : MG