Bank Holiday Monday (2 May 2011) sees the annual ‘Sponsored Ride’ taking place in theBythams area. If you ride, the event, in its 9th year since it changed from being the ‘Hunter Trials’, is one not to miss. The organisers have laid out 8, 12 and 15 mile courses in beautiful Grimsthorpe Park (all off public roads) and offer tea and cake, as well as toilets, at the mid-point! In previous years partipants have remarked how enjoyable the event is and leave with a promise to return next year which over 200 did in 2009. Proceeds from the event go towards the maintenance of the churches in Careby, Creeton, Castle Bytham and Little Bytham and this years chosen ‘external’ charity – Kesteven Rideability based at Hough-on-the-Hill, near grantham, a Riding for the Disabled member. If you’d like to take part it not too late to enter, contact Rosemary Player on 01778 590350. For further information see … www.bccride.com
Most popular posts (last 7 days)
- Anglian Water tells customers in Castle Bytham, Little Bytham Toft, Witham on the Hill, Carlby, Corby Glen and Grimsthorpe to boil water before use
- Bythams Community Shop and Café goes from ‘strength to strength’ as it looks ahead to third anniversary
- Contact us page, has been fixed!
- The Spinney at Little Bytham announces £150,000 refurbishment plans as it celebrates 20 years
- Horse trailer stolen from Castle Bytham and tools stolen from van in South Witham
Subscribe to theBythams