The A4 locomotive 4464(60019) Bittern passed through Little Bytham this morning on the first day of a nine day Rail Touring Company “Great Britain IV” rail-tour. The locomotive had been repainted in LNER Garter Blue and renamed Dominion of New Zealand specially for the trip. In its new livery the locomotive is very much like its legendary A4 class mate the 4468 Mallard. The loco is seen above at Grantham station, photo courtesy of BBC Lincolnshire’s Facebook Page. Details of rail tours across the UK can be found at www.uksteam.info
Most popular posts (last 7 days)
- Anglian Water tells customers in Castle Bytham, Little Bytham Toft, Witham on the Hill, Carlby, Corby Glen and Grimsthorpe to boil water before use
- Bythams Community Shop and Café goes from ‘strength to strength’ as it looks ahead to third anniversary
- Contact us page, has been fixed!
- The Spinney at Little Bytham announces £150,000 refurbishment plans as it celebrates 20 years
- Horse trailer stolen from Castle Bytham and tools stolen from van in South Witham
Subscribe to theBythams